Cyndie M. Chang is the Managing Partner of the firm's Los Angeles office and a member of the firm's governing Partners Board. Ms. Chang resolves and manages business challenges and risks. She advises and partners with clients to enforce their rights, mitigate exposure and litigate their commercial disputes involving complex, class action or B2B disputes involving contracts, licensing, products liability, product safety and recall, unfair competition, fraud, construction defect, trademarks, trade secrets, California Proposition 65, COVID-19 and real estate. She also advises insurance companies on environmental, asbestos, toxic tort and commercial general liability insurance coverage claims, as well as subrogation, contribution, bad faith, extracontractual and reinsurance disputes. Her services have spanned various industries, including manufacturing, retail, fashion, consumer goods, financial services and banks, healthcare, insurance, cannabis, education, energy, utilities, transportation, auto and telecommunications.
Ms. Chang has represented many public and private businesses, including Fortune 500 companies, and has obtained favorable results serving as first chair in state and federal bench trials, jury trials and arbitration, leading joint defense groups in complex cases, and resolving cases through creative settlements, confidential proceedings, and dispositive motions. Ms. Chang has also been featured in the Los Angeles Business Journal, Above the Law, Ms. JD,The American Lawyer, Diversity Journal, Diversity Executive, the Daily Journal and other legal publications.
She served as President of National Asian Pacific American Bar Association ("NAPABA") from 2016-2017. NAPABA is the national voice for the Asian American legal profession and represents the interests of over 60,000 Asian American lawyers and over 75 national, state, and local bar associations. She is also the Past President of the Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association ("SCCLA"), one of the oldest and largest Asian-American bar associations in the country. Ms. Chang also is a member of the Trial Law Institute and Diversity Law Institute, of the Litigation Counsel of America.
She is a member of the Committee of 100 (“C100”), a nonpartisan organization of prominent and extraordinary Chinese Americans dedicated to the spirit of excellence and achievement in America, and whose members are pioneers in their respective fields across the arts, science, technology, business, government, academia, and finance.
Ms. Chang served as one of 12 Commissioners on the ABA Commission on Women in the Profession (co-chairing the 2019 Margaret Brent Awards) and a board member of the National Association of Women Lawyers ("NAWL"). She is currently a board director for Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, and co-chair of her firm’s Asian American Employee Resource Group. She is an elected member of the Chancery Club (Los Angeles’ association of distinguished lawyers who have held position of honor and responsibility in legal, judicial, academic, governmental and civic organizations). She also serves on the Joint Committee of Law Firm Partners and Corporate Counsel for the National Judicial College ("NJC"). She previously participated in the ABA's Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section ("TIPS") 2010 Leadership Academy, selected with a group of approximately 20 lawyers in the nation identified to be emerging bar leaders. Further, Ms. Chang was appointed as the Vice-Chair of the ABA-TIPS Business Litigation Committee. In addition, she was her firm's office Pro Bono Coordinator and an inaugural Fellow to the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity ("LCLD"), a dynamic leadership training program comprised of high-potential attorneys from major law firms and corporations in the country. She’s a past board member of the Asian Pacific American Bar Association of Los Angeles ("APABA"). She is also a proud lifetime member of SCCLA and APAWLA, as well as continuing member of NAWL.
In 2022 and 2014, she was also recognized by the Daily Journal Top 100 Women Lawyers in California. The annual list recognizes California women lawyers doing path breaking work on the highest stakes cases and deals. The award honors 100 women lawyers whose extraordinary talent and experience are helping to shape industry and the law. In 2018, the Council on Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO) honored her with the EDGE Award for Greater Equality and Loyola Law School honored her with the Board of Governors' Recognition Award. The Minority Corporate Counsel Association (“MCCA”) honored her as a “Rising Star”, recognizing those who possess the love of law, ambition, and pursuit of excellence, while possessing a compassion for those in need and a strong desire to give back to others. She was selected as a finalist of the “Champion of Women” award and the "Community Impact of the Year" award, one of the "Most Influential Minority Lawyers,” “Leader in Law,” “Minority Leader of Influence,” “Most Influential Women Lawyers,” by the Los Angeles Business Journal. The Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association (SCCLA) awarded Ms. Chang with its first-ever Trailblazer award based on achievements in her legal career, her championing of issues affecting immigrants and other marginalized communities, and overall dedication to the APA community. She has been honored by Best Lawyers Magazine, Spring Edition 2016, as one of 15 women in the legal profession leading the charge for achievements in the practice and policy, on both local and national levels. Ms. Chang is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, 2020, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. From 2014-2022, she received the "Super Lawyer" distinction in the Super Lawyers Magazine, an honor limited to no more than 5% of attorneys in the state, as well as its 2019 and 2018 Top 50 Women Super Lawyer in Southern California. From 2010 to 2013, she was named a "Rising Star" in Los Angeles Magazine's Super Lawyer Rising Star section, given to no more than 2.5 percent of attorneys in the state, and in 2012-2017 was listed in its The Top LA Women Lawyers. She is also AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell: The highest peer rating standard. This rating signifies that the lawyer's reviewed peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards. The Recorder named Ms. Chang a "2013 Lawyer on the Fast Track." Selections for the honor were based on attorneys' career achievements and leadership roles within their practice, organization and community. Ms. Chang was also named in the Lawyers of Color Inaugural Hot List, which honored 100 early-to-mid-career minority attorneys for excellence in the legal profession. In addition, Ms. Chang was named the NAPABA 2010 "Best Lawyers under 40," awarded to 20 lawyers across the country.
Ms. Chang was featured in the documentary Opening the Door: Personal Stories of Groundbreaking Los Angeles Lawyers and Judges, which was screened during the LA Law Library's Pro Bono Week in October 2016. The Library also featured Ms. Chang in an exhibition during Pro Bono Week. This project was made possible with support from Cal Humanities, a non-profit partner of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Visit www.calhum.org.
Ms. Chang previously served as judicial extern to the Honorable Stephen Reinhardt of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit. Ms. Chang is a graduate of Loyola Law School, where she was a published Note and Comment Editor for the Entertainment Law Review, the Student Editor of the ABA Student Lawyer national magazine and a member of the National Moot Court Team and Scott Moot Court Honors Board. She previously was a member of the ABA Law Student Division Board of Governors, a liaison to the ABA Commission on Racial and Ethnic Diversity in the Profession and an elected officer of the Loyola Student Bar Association. Further, Ms. Chang is a graduate, with honors, of Johns Hopkins University.
In the greater community, she has served on the Board of Directors for the Asian Pacific Community Fund ("APCF"), a non-profit organization that supports Asian Pacific Islander communities in need and generates funding for 29 affiliate agencies in Southern California. She also served on the Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Los Angeles (AAAJ-LA) Pro Bono Advisory Council. She also represented AAAJ, National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum, and about 30 national/community organizations in a SCOTUS amicus brief representing the interests of AAPI women in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health on pro bono basis. She previously represented AAAJ in a highly-publicized matter regarding the constitutionality of a proposed business sign ordinance favoring the use of English in the City of Monterey Park. Ms. Chang is also a licensed California Real Estate Broker.
Secured a complete victory in an arbitration proceeding involving the purchase and sale of a commercial property, where the buyer brought claims for breach of contract and specific performance. The arbitrator rejected every one of claimant’s theories of recovery and found for the client on all claims, also awarding attorney’s fees and costs to the client.
Defended financial institution in class action claim involving the deposit agreement.
Defended well-known beverage brand owner against trademark infringement claim.
Obtained resolution of manufacturer of PPE (face masks) involving a dispute related to the labeling.
Obtained resolution for a skincare company on labeling and customs issue.
Enforced trademark rights of shoe brand in litigation.
Resolved a transportation company’s dispute involving manufacture of cars.
- Obtained resolution for national retail chains against allegations of website accessibility issues under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Obtained compensatory and punitive damages, and prejudgment interest, resulting in a multi-million dollar award after leading an over 3-week jury trial on behalf of foreign investor involving commercial real estate fraud.
- Obtained on behalf of Global Excel Management, Inc. in a matter of first impression in the United States District Court for the Northern District of California a dismissal with prejudice of a cause of action brought by a hospital on the basis that no private right of action existed for reimbursement under California Health & Safety Code section 1371.4 for emergency medical services.
- Obtained decision from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit that affirmed a district court's decision to remand its declaratory judgment action to state court and to dismiss the case pursuant to the Colorado River doctrine. R.R. Street & Co. Inc. v. Transport Insurance Co., 656 F.3d. 966 (9th Cir. Sept. 2, 2011).
- Counsel for lead party in a multimillion-dollar environmental coverage action arising from perchloroethylene ("PCE") contamination. Briefings addressed novel issues under California law regarding coverage for the settlement of punitive damage claims and an excess insurer's duty to defend.
- Obtained a jury verdict in favor of Starpoint USA, Inc. d/b/a Daewoo Motor America, Inc., a former corporate subsidiary of defendant Daewoo Motor Co., Ltd. (Daewoo Korea), in its action seeking defense and indemnity for products liability pursuant to the parties' agreement.
- Representation of corporations, including publicly traded companies and Fortune 500 companies, in contract, indemnity, licensing, trade secret and commercial lease disputes.
- Representation of national restaurant chains in local commercial litigation disputes; Prevailed at binding arbitration on behalf of national fast food chain against a $8.6 million claim for damages. See West's Trial Digest, 2 TD 13th 25.
- Representation of major oil company in eminent domain matters.
- Representation of companies in environmental liability disputes.
- Representation of insurance companies in complex coverage claims arising out of environmental contamination and/or injuries against product manufacturers and distributors.
Representation of almost 30 national and community organizations in SCOTUS amicus brief representing the interests of Asian American and Pacific Islander women in the case of Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization in support of reproductive justice.
Representation of Asian Americans Advancing Justice - Los Angeles ("AAAJ-LA") on a high-profile pro bono matter regarding the constitutionality of a proposed business sign ordinance favoring the use of English in the City of Monterey Park. AAAJ honored the Firm and Cyndie Chang in its Pro Bono Spotlight and with its 2014 annual Pro Bono Service Award.
- Representation of certain civil rights, civil liberties, and professional legal organizations who regularly advocate for American-Muslim, Asian-American, and other religious and religious organizations in the U.S. in filing an amicus brief in the Court of Appeal in New York concerning a request under New York's Freedom of Information Law ("FOIL") on the New York Police Department's Zone Assessment Unit (formerly Demographics Unit) program.
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- Loyola Law School Los Angeles, J.D., 2003
- The Johns Hopkins University, B.A., with honors, 2000
Honors and Awards
- Named to LA Times’ Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility – Trends, Updates & DEIA Leadership Forum Magazine as a “DEIA Visionary"
- Named a member of the Committee of 100 (“C100”), a nonpartisan organization of prominent and extraordinary Chinese Americans dedicated to the spirit of excellence and achievement in America, and whose members are pioneers in their respective fields across the arts, science, technology, business, government, academia, and finance
- Nominated as a "Community Impact of the Year Finalist," by the Los Angeles Business Journal
- Listed in Lawyers of Color's "Law Firm Leaders," 2022
- Listed in Daily Journal’s Top Women Lawyers for 2022
- Named Minority Corporate Counsel Association Rising Star, 2021
- Named a Champion of Women finalist and Minority Leader of Influence, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2021
- Fellowship of the Litigation Counsel of America, 2020, a trial lawyer honorary society composed of less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Membership into the LCA is by invitation only and is limited to 3,500 Fellows. Fellows are selected based upon effectiveness and accomplishment in litigation, both at the trial and appellate levels. Ms. Chang is a member of the organization's Trial Law Institute and Diversity Law Institute.
Named one of the Most Influential Women Lawyers, Los Angeles Business Journal, 2019
2018 and 2019 Super Lawyers Top 50 Women Lawyers (Southern California)
- Duane Morris Women’s Impact Network for Success Award, Margery Reed Professional Excellence Award, for advancing women in the legal profession, 2019
2018 Council Legal Education Opportunity (CLEO) EDGE Award Greater Equality honoree
2018 Loyola Law School Grand Reunion Board of Governors Recognition Award recipient
Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association (SCCLA) inaugural Trailblazer award, May 2018
Selected as one of the "Most Influential Minority Lawyers" by the Los Angeles Business Journal
- Nominated as a Leader in Law by the Los Angeles Business Journal
- Elected to the Chancery Club, one of Los Angeles' esteemed associations of lawyers
- Ms. Chang was featured in the documentary Opening the Door: Personal Stories of Groundbreaking Los Angeles Lawyers and Judges, which was screened during the LA Law Library's Pro Bono Week in October 2016. The Library also featured Ms. Chang in an exhibition during Pro Bono Week. This project was made possible with support from Cal Humanities, a non-profit partner of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Visit www.calhum.org.
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (NAPABA) Board of Governors
- President, 2016-2017
- President-elect, 2015-2016
National Association of Women Lawyers ("NAWL") Board of Governors, 2019-2020
National Judicial College ("NJC") Joint Committee of Law Firm Partners and Corporate Counsel
- Best Lawyers Magazine, Spring Edition 2016, profiled as one of 15 women in the legal profession leading the charge for achievements in the practice and policy, on both local and national levels.
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell : The highest peer rating standard. This rating signifies that the lawyer's reviewed peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal knowledge, communication skills and ethical standards.
- Attended Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy (CBLA), a leadership program initiative by the ABA and national minority bar associations, Seattle, June 2016
- Recipient of Asian Americans Advancing Justice-Los Angeles("AAAJ-LA") Pro Bono Service Award for firm's work on business sign ordinance issue in Monterey Park, 2014
- Named one of the 100 "Top Women Lawyers" by The Daily Journal, 2014
Southern California Super Lawyers
- American Bar Foundation, Life Fellow, 2014-present
- Named a Top 50 California "Lawyer on the Fast Track" by The Recorder, 2013
- Named in the inaugural "Hot List" by the Lawyers of Color, 2013
- Named in NAPABA's 2010 "Best Lawyers under 40"
- Rated 10.0 Superb by Avvo
- Named a "Rising Star" in Los Angeles Magazine's Super Lawyer Rising Star section, 2010-2013
- Listed in The Top LA Women Lawyers, 2012-2015
- Fellow to the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity ("LCLD"), 2011
- Graduate of the American Bar Association's Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section ("TIPS") Leadership Academy, 2010
- Graduate of the International Association of Defense Counsel ("IADC") Trial Academy
- Graduate of the Committee of 100 ("C100") Leadership and Mentorship Program, 2010-2011
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association President's Award for outstanding service and commitment to association
- Women Lawyers of Long Beach, Scholarship Recipient
- Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, Scholarship Recipient
- Contributor, Duane Morris Insurance Law Blog
- Featured, "Catalyzing Change: Breaking Down Institutional Barriers," Modera Decision Dialogues Podcast, July 2021
- Quoted in "'Money Talks': Breaking Barriers For Female Attys Of Color," Law360, July 30, 2020
- Quoted in "The Era Of Video Mediation Is Here — Or Is It?," Law 360, April 6, 2020
Featured in "On the Move: Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association Trailblazer Award," Los Angeles Daily Journal, May 14, 2018
Quoted in "More Asian-Americans On Lawyer's Path, But Few Get Far,' Law360, July 18, 2017
- Featured in "Rise in Hate Crimes, Divisive Rhetoric Prompts Bar Groups to Act," ABA Journal, April 1, 2017
- Featured in "For Bar Association President, Loyola Planted Seeds of Leadership" by Loyola Law School, Dec. 2016
- Featured in "NAPABA President And Managing Partner Cyndie Chang Aims To Continue Her Family's Legacy of Community Building," Above the Law, November 11, 2016
- Interviewed for "Attorneys Across America: Featuring Cyndie Chang," Ms. JD, March 17, 2015
- Co-Author, "Sign Languages," Los Angeles Lawyer, January 2015
- Profiled in "Top Women Lawyers" Supplement, Daily Journal, May 7, 2014
- Profiled in "New Guard at Duane Morris: Young Leaders with Deep Ties," Los Angeles Daily Journal, May 1, 2014
- Profiled in "Giving Back to Her Community," Diversity Journal, March/April 2014
- Interviewed for "Pro Bono Spotlight: Cyndie M. Chang & Duane Morris LLP," Asian Americans Advancing Justice-LA Blog, February 20, 2014
- Profiled in "Three for Three: Three Questions for Three Loyola Alumni Who Are Dedicated to Pro Bono Work," Loyola Lawyer Magazine, 2013 Edition
- Profiled in "How Obstacles Were an Impetus for One Lawyer's Success," Diversity Executive, August 21, 2013
- Featured in "Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association: Developing a New Generation of Leaders," Diversity & the Bar, January/February 2013
- "Exploring Internet Privacy Through Cable Broadband Struggles; ISPs Walk a Fine Line Between Privacy and Security," Loyola Entertainment Law Review
Selected Speaking Engagements
- Panelist, "I Take it All Back," California Lawyers Association Webinar, December 9, 2022
- Speaker, "Diverse Lawyers at the Top: A Conversation with Law Firm Leaders," ABA Litigation Section 2022 Professional Success Summit, October 27, 2022
- Featured Guest, Portia Project Podcast, September 19, 2022
- Featured Speaker, Annual Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association (SCCLA) End of Summer Party, September 11, 2022
- Presenter, Journalist Law School at Loyola Law School, June 2, 2022
- Speaker, "Law Firms in the ‘Great Resignation'," ABA Section of Litigation, Litigation Radio, April 25, 2022
- Speaker, "Improv Fun and Fundamentals for Trial Lawyers," DRI’s 2022 Litigation Skills Seminar, Las Vegas, February 3, 2022
- Speaker, "Back to Business as Usual OR The New Normal for the Legal Profession," ABA Litigation Section 2022 Winter Leadership Meeting, January 14, 2022
- Speaker, "COVID-19 and the Impact of Diversity and Inclusion in the Practice of Law," ABA Equity Summit, September 27, 2021
- Panelist, "She-Cession: Equity for Women Attorneys in the Private Sector," Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles, Webinar, September 28, 2021
- Speaker, "Understanding Law Firm Economics," National Association of Women Lawyers, Webinar, September 17, 2021
- Interviewed, "Decision Dialogues: Catalyzing Change: Breaking Down Institutional Barriers," Modera, Podcast, July, 2021
- Speaker, "How to Prevent Board Burnout," Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy (CBLA), Webinar, June 30, 2021
- Speaker, "A Partner's Perspective: Succeeding as a New Partner and Diverse Attorney," Hispanic National Bar Association, Webinar, June 9, 2021
- Featured, "An Asian American Family's Story of intergenerational Courage," AARP AAPI Community, May 27, 2021
- Speaker, "Lawyering in the Time of COVID: A Survival Guide for Women Attorneys and Attorneys of Color," Association of Business Trial Lawyers, Webinar, April 29, 2021
- Panelist, "Luminaries: Reflections on the Past, Guidance for the Future," Asian Pacific American Bar Association Virtual Panel, March 18, 2021
- Presenter, "Lessons Learned from Recent Headlines and Court Rulings on Contract Cases Across Industries," COVID-19: Navigating Forward Webinar Series, Duane Morris LLP, March 11, 2021
- Speaker, "Ready to Lead: Advancing Women Leaders During the Pandemic and Beyond," New York State Bar Association 2021 Annual Meeting, Women in Law Section, January 19, 2021
- Speaker, "The First to Go," Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, Webinar, November 18, 2020
- Facilitator, "Grit and Growth Mindset: Tools for Combatting COVID Burn Out," American Bar Association, Webinar, November 5, 2020
- Speaker, "Women of Color Partners Speak Out Panel," Leadership Institute for Women of Color Attorneys, Webinar, October 23, 2020
- Speaker, "The Paucity of Women of Color in the Legal Profession and Its Impact on the Administration of Justice," American Bar Association Virtual Annual Meeting, Webinar, July 30, 2020
- Speaker, "Cross-Cultural Negotiation as We See Fit," Mediation: The New Possibilities Hour, Webinar, July 9, 2020
Speaker, "COVID-19 Effects on Communities of Color," ABA Real Property & Probate and Trust Section Diversity and Inclusion Conference and Virtual Spring Leadership Meeting, May 6, 2020
- Speaker, "What Will Drive Change: Law Firm Leaders Weigh In," Spring Summit For Advancing Women in the Law, Chicago, March 3, 2020
- Speaker, “Sociolegal Implications of COVID-19," Loyola Law School Webinar, January 23, 2020
- Speaker, "Presenting Yourself with Power and Projecting Authority: Using Improv to Elevate Your Presence," NAPABA Convention 2019, Austin, Texas, November 9, 2019
Panelist, "Vision 2025: The LCLD Leaders Challenge," Tenth Annual Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Membership Meeting, September 24, 2019
Speaker, "Where Are the Women of Color? Experiences of Women of Color in the Legal Profession," ABA Annual Meeting, San Francisco, August 10, 2019
Speaker, "Perspectives on Civil Litigation," 14th Annual Journalist Law School, Loyola Law School, June 5, 2019
Panelist, "Trends in the Retention of Women Lawyers Over the Last 10 Years," Los Angeles County Bar Association and Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles program: "A Decade After A Call to Action: Where Are We Now," May 2, 2019
Moderator, "Boost Profits: How Diversity & Inclusion Boost Your Bottom Line," Western Bankers Association (WBA)’s Diversity and Inclusion Forum, April 30, 2019
Speaker, "Women of Big Law," Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, April 17, 2019
Speaker, Loyola Law School, Preview Day, Los Angelos, April 5, 2019
Panelist, "Mentoring Circle Dinner," Asian Pacific American Women Lawyers Alliance and Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, Los Angeles, February 28
Speaker, "Communication & Persuasion: Improv Acting Techniques for Lawyers," Duane Morris Experience: Capital Records Tower CLE Lunch and Learn for In-House Corporate Counsel, Hollywood, December 3, 2018
Moderator, "Resume Ninja Warrior," 2018 NAPABA Convention, Chicago, November 10, 2018
Speaker, "Inaugural Lawyers Conference on Diversity & Inclusion Education," Kelly McNamara Corley Institute for Diversity & Inclusion Education, Arlington, Virginia, November 5, 2018
Panelist, "Gender + Race: Addressing Issues of Diversity and Inclusion," Association of Corporate Counsel, Webinar, September 11, 2018
Speaker, "Fellows at the Top: A Conversation with Current and Former Presidents of Diversity Organizations," LCLD Fellows Alumni Leadership Symposium, Los Angeles, June 22, 2018
Panelist, "Empowering Our True Selves for Success: Recognizing and Overcoming Race-Based Implicit Bias in the Workplace," Asian Pacific American Bar Association, Ronald F. Deaton Civic Auditorium, Los Angeles, May 31, 2018
Panelist, "Maintaining A Diverse Work Environment: A Discussion of the Past, Current and Future of Diversity in Law Firms and In-House," NAPABA Southeast Regional Conference, Atlanta, April 13, 2018
Speaker, "Women, Leadership & the Law," Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, April 4, 2018
Panelist, "Life Balance Conundrum: Time Management for Lawyers," HNBA 2018 Corporate Counsel Conference, San Francisco, March 16, 2018
Speaker, "A Collaborative Approach to Moving Diversity Forward," National Association of Women's Lawyers Mid-Year Conference, Miami, March 2, 2018
- Speaker, Women's Leadership Workshop Luncheon and "Successful Leadership Transitions for Women" and Outgoing President's Remarks at the "NAPABA 29th Anniversary Gala," National Asian Pacific American Bar Association Convention, Washington, November 3, 2017
- Speaker, "Bad Faith Nightmares: Recent Trends & Themes in Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Insurance Litigation" Hispanic National Bar Association (HNBA) Annual Convention, Kansas, September 8, 2017
- Speaker, "The Portrait Project: A Portrait of Asian Americans in the Law," NAPABA (National Asian Pacific American Bar Association) Northeast Regional Conference, Philadelphia, Saturday, Sept. 2, 2017
- Speaker, "Bad Faith Nightmares: Recent Trends & Themes In Bad Faith and Extra-Contractual Insurance Litigation," HNBA (Hispanic National Bar Association) Kansas City, Thursday, Aug. 31, 2017
- Speaker, "The Portrait Project: A Portrait of Asian Americans in the Law," NAPABA Central Regional Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, August 25, 2017
- Speaker, "Complex Litigation: Win the Business and Win the Case," NAPABA Western Regional Conference, Silicon Valley, California, July 22, 2017
- Speaker, Center for Women in the Law (CWIL): Consortium for Advancing Women Leaders, New York, July 21, 2017
- Speaker, "Moving Diversity Forward - A Collaborative Effort," National Association of Women Lawyers (NAWL) Annual Meeting & Awards Luncheon, New York, July 20, 2017
- Speaker, Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy, the ABA, NAPABA, NBA, HNBA, NNABA, and National LGBT bar, Minneapolis, MN, Jun 26, 2017
- Speaker, "Let's Handle Those Difficult Situations: How Do You Deal With Crisis?" and "Working Lunch Plenary Session: How We Work Together," Collaborative Bar Leadership Academy, Minneapolis, MN, June 26, 2017
- Keynote Speaker, California Law Academy Support Council (CLAS), San Francisco, June 16, 2017
- Speaker, "Power Networking Reception," Center for Asian Americans United for Self Empowerment's Women, June 1, 2017
- Speaker, "Boost Your Bottom Line: Why Retaining and Promoting Minority Talent is Good Business" Georgia Asian Pacific American Bar Association Rainmakers Forum, Atlanta, GA, May 25, 2017
- Speaker, "George Boyer Vashon Lecture," Philadelphia, PA, May 5, 2017
- Keynote Speaker, Southwestern Law School Asian Pacific American Law Student Association Installation Banquet, Los Angeles, April 14, 2017
- Speaker, "Portrait Project," NAPABA Southwest Regional Conference, Texas, April 7, 2017
- Speaker, "Breaking Through to Excellence," APIS Conference, Austin, Texas, April 7, 2017
- Presenter, "Advocacy and efforts of the Coalition of Bar Association of Color," National Native American Bar Association's Annual Meeting, Scottsdale, AZ, April 5, 2017
- Speaker, "Communication and Persuasion: Combining Improv Techniques with Advocacy," Legal Department of Southern California Edison, July 28, 2016
- Co-Moderator, "Communication and Persuasion: Improv Skills Every Lawyer Should Know", DRI's Annual Trial Tactics Seminar, Phoenix, Arizona, March 9-11, 2016
- Speaker, "Examining Opening Statement Strategies for Plaintiffs and Defense Attorneys," 2015 Annual Meeting of The State Bar of California, Anaheim, California, October 8, 2015
- Speaker, "Women@theTable: The Woman Factor — How Women at the Top Impact Organizations," Lim Ruger & Kim LLP and LACBA Diversity in the Profession Committee, June 25, 2015
- Speaker, "50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act: A Time to Celebrate, Reflect, and Recommit," Diversity for Success Seminar, The Voice of the Defense Bar (DRI), June 11-12, 2015
- Panelist, Duane Morris Diversity Retreat, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 2015
- Speaker, "Are Warriors the Ideal Litigators? How Stories Infect Our Behavior and Our View of the World," American Bar Association, Webinar, February 26, 2015
- Speaker, "It's Only Forum Shopping When It's Coming from the Other Side?," 2015 Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee CLE Seminar, Tucson, AZ, March 4-7, 2015
- Panelist, "Committee of 100 Leadership and Mentoring Program: Graduation and Kickoff," Committee of 100, Rosemead, CA, December 6, 2014
- Speaker,"NAPABA Pre-Law Conference: Career Panel," 2014 NAPABA Annual Convention, Scottsdale, Arizona, November 8, 2014
- Speaker,"The Rise of the AAPI Managing Partners: Wisdom and Stories from the Field," 2014 NAPABA Annual Convention, Scottsdale, Arizona, November 7, 2014
- Speaker, "50th Anniversary of the Civil Rights Act: Our Responsibilities as Lawyers-A Time to Celebrate, Reflect and Recommit," DRI Annual Convention, San Francisco, October 24, 2014
- Moderator, ""Leadership in the Boardroom," CAUSE Women in Power Quarterly Luncheon, Los Angeles, August 1, 2014
- Keynote Speaker, Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association and Joint APA Bar Summer Associate Mixer, Los Angeles, July 16, 2014
- Panelist, "Phoenix Rising: Asian American Lawyers as Advocates and Leaders," Loyola Law School, January 2014
- Panelist, "Affiliate Leadership Summit," Annual NAPABA Convention, Kansas City, Missouri, November 2013
- Panelist at Associate Business Development Program and Speaker at Diverse Attorney Meeting, Duane Morris Annual Retreat, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 2013
- Speaker, Opening Remarks for the Investiture and Swearing-In of Judge Curtis A. Kin to the Superior Court of California, Los Angeles, August 23, 2013
- Panelist, "Leadership Competencies," Duane Morris Diversity Retreat, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 2012
- Speaker, Committee of 100 ("C100") Gala, Pasadena, California, April 19, 2012
- Co-Moderator and Co-Chair, "Acting for Lawyers II" workshop, 23rd Annual NAPABA Annual Convention, Atlanta, Georgia, November 2011
- Co-Moderator and Co-Chair, "Acting for Lawyers" workshop, 22nd Annual NAPABA Convention INSPIRE, Los Angeles, California, November 2010
- Panelist, "Examples of Successful Marketing," Duane Morris Annual Retreat, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 2010
- Panelist, "Balancing Responsibilities: Are Law Firms Doing Enough to Promote/Recruit Lawyers of Color to Partnership? How Can Corporate America Help?" Duane Morris Diversity Retreat, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 2009
- Panelist, Insurance Practice, Duane Morris Annual Retreat, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, October 2008
- Panelist, Duane Morris Diversity Retreat, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, April 2008
- Speaker, Career Workshop, Loyola Law School, Los Angeles, California, January 2008
- Moderator and Chair, "Phoenix Rising," full day CLE program presented by the Southern California Chinese Lawyers Association, Loyola Law School, October 2007
- Panelist, Marketing and Business Development Philadelphia, Duane Morris Annual Retreat, Pennsylvania, October 2007
- Panelist, Duane Morris Diversity Retreat, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, May 2007
- Presenter, "Pellicano: How Do You Hire and Supervise Private Detectives, and What Happens When Things Go Wrong?" MCLE presentation for the Southern California Business Litigation Inn of Court, Los Angeles, California, October 2006 - Received Circle of Excellence Award from the American Inns of Court for placing second in Top Programs of 2007