Everything Schools Need to Know About Protecting Records in the Cloud and Negotiating Technology Agreements
June 29, 2021
| Duane Morris LLP
As schools increasingly rely on cloud-based systems and providers for managing the volumes of student records and other sensitive information, they also must understand the increased risks of data breaches and other cyber threats. Duane Morris Education Team attorneys will provide an overview of the key considerations for schools, including:
- The risks of storing student records and data online
- Recent trends in cyber attacks
- Requirements for a robust information security program
- Understanding the U.S. Department of Education’s Campus Cybersecurity Program framework
- Strategies for mitigating the risk of data breach
- Negotiating technology contracts with data storage providers and online service platforms that handle sensitive data
- Michelle Hon Donovan, Partner, Education Team, Duane Morris LLP
- Jessica High, Associate, Education Team, Duane Morris LLP
About Duane Morris
Duane Morris LLP, a law firm with more than 800 attorneys in offices across the United States and internationally, is asked by a broad array of clients to provide innovative solutions to today’s legal and business challenges.
For years, Duane Morris has served all sectors of Education, along with the various businesses that support them. Our attorneys provide these organizations with deep experience and trusted guidance regarding complex issues that impact school decision-making on operations, finances and strategic planning for the future.