Veterans' Voices: Experiences of African Americans in the Armed Forces
March 25, 2021
| Duane Morris LLP
About the Program
African Americans have served courageously and honorably in the U.S. military throughout the country’s history. Even while enslaved and subsequently during the height of anti-Black Jim Crow discrimination, Black men and women put their lives on the line to protect a country that has not treated them with the dignity and respect that they deserve. This town hall honors the contributions of Black service members and veterans and provides insight into the African American military experience. We will hear from a range of retired service members from different military branches, along with members of the civilian community.
- Terrance J. Evans, Partner, Duane Morris LLP
- Justice Eileen C. Moore, Associate Justice, 4th District Court of Appeal, Division 3; Combat Nurse, Vietnam War
- Dr. James Starks, U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
- Alexis Carter, Attorney; U.S. Army Veteran; former Democratic Candidate for the Florida Senate
- Ernie Graves, U.S. Navy Veteran
- Chloe R. Woods, former Assistant Attorney General, Attorney General’s Office, State of Arizona; Judge Advocate, U.S. Air Force
- James Maddox, MSW, ASW, National Service Officer, Vietnam Veterans of America; U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
About the Duane Morris Diversity & Inclusion Program
Duane Morris manages its diversity and inclusion program with the objective of utilizing the best talent worldwide in solving legal problems. The firm recruits a diverse pool of lawyers and staff that collectively possess an awareness of cutting-edge 21st century issues—legal, social and economic—for which clients require solutions.